Find’em, Hire’em, Keep’em: Why Culture Counts
Across the nation, police agencies are dealing with declining numbers of applicants and alarming turnover rates. Finding, hiring and retaining police officers is becoming more and more difficult for law enforcement agencies in the 21st century. Today’s employees are shopping for the best deal while simultaneously looking for agencies with the right culture and opportunities. The belief that traditional means of hiring and recruiting are still effective today is leaving agencies with alarming vacancies while departments who are willing to explore more creative means of hiring and recruiting are finding themselves fully staffed. This course is designed to give chiefs, hiring managers, recruiters and those involved in the hiring process a template from which to build to a successful recruiting and hiring program. Find, Hire, Keep also goes a step further in providing insight as to why today’s top talent are leaving agencies and provides suggestions as to how to keep them. This course explores proven concepts from both the public and private sector, merging them into an ideal process which today’s applicants have come to expect.
Through guided discussion, case study, and small group engagement, our facilitators guide participants through the process of creating a 21st century style Recruiting, Hiring and Retention program including:
- Recognize and understand today’s difficult hiring influences and why traditional recruiting techniques are not working today.
- Discuss personal traits and characteristics most sought after by hiring managers.
- Highlight best practices Recruiting Plans and Recruiting Analysis and how they can help guide decisions.
- Examine the importance of Branding your agency.
- Explain and discuss where and what recruiting “locations” work.
- Examine the hiring process and how it can be streamlined to meet the expectations of the applicant and best your competition.
- Explore today’s hot-topic legal issues.
- Recognize and understand why today’s top talent leave and learn how to keep them.
Duration: 8 Hours