March 23, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Police interactions with citizens are in the national spotlight. What previously wouldn’t have made the local paper now makes national news.
Too many training courses today leave officers with the impression that they must choose between good officer safety and positive citizen contacts. What officers need are tools to effectively engage citizens in a professional manner without compromising their own safety in the process. That’s why Dynamics of Officer/Citizen Encounters was created.
- Current Research About the Threats to Officer Safety
- Think CLEAR: 5 Keys to Officer Safety Performance
- Communication: It’s About More Than Just Talking
- Know Your Authority: Keeping Contacts Lawful
- Emotional Intelligence: The Most Important Tool on Your Tool Belt
- Adaptive Decision Making: Tools for Increased Officer Safety
Appropriate Audience: Sworn personnel and supervisors of those who interact with the public.
Class Length: 8 hours.
Upon registration, if you do not receive an email confirmation (check your spam folder), please contact Anne Bostain at email@example.com or (833) 538-7246 to confirm your registration. Thank you!
Venue: Ohio: Painesville