Essentials in Correctional Excellence
Corrections Officers work in one of the most physically and mentally challenging areas of law enforcement. The 21st Century Corrections Officer must possess the physical, cognitive, and communication skills necessary to increase officer safety, while still ensuring the safety of those they supervise. That’s why Essentials in Correctional Excellence was created. Through guided discussion, case studies, and video review, officers will explore:
- Awareness: Going Beyond “Keep Your Head on a Swivel”
- Emotional Intelligence: What Pushes Your Buttons?
- Conflict Resolution Skills to Increase Safety
- Enhanced Decision Making Under Stress
- Elicitation Skills and Deception Detection
- Understanding Inmate Profiles: The Key to Officer Safety