Essentials in Correctional Excellence
Tired of attending corrections training taught by people who have no experience in corrections? So are we! Corrections Officers work in one of the most physically and mentally challenging areas of law enforcement. That’s why you deserve instructors who have done the job. All of our instructors have walked in your shoes and faced the same unique challenges that you face. The 21st Century Corrections Officer must possess the physical, cognitive, and communication skills necessary to increase officer safety, while ensuring the safety of those they supervise. Through guided discussion, case studies, and video review, officers will explore:
- Intentional Awareness: Going Beyond “Keep Your Head on a Swivel”
- Emotional Intelligence: What Pushes Your Buttons?
- Conflict Resolution Skills to Increase Safety
- Enhanced Decision Making Under Stress
- Elicitation Skills and Deception Detection
- Understanding Inmate Profiles: The Key to Officer Safety
Appropriate Audience: Correctional Officers, Correctional Supervisors.
Class Length: 8 hours.