Decision Making: Foundation of Reasonable Force
Enhance Decision Making Under Stress
Few topics in law enforcement cause more public scrutiny than police use of force. This evidence-based course examines the factors affecting decision making under stress and provides practical tools to make reasonable use of force decisions, while simultaneously increasing officer safety. Through guided discussion, video analysis and case studies, participant will explore:
- Current Use of Force Trends
- Legal Foundations of Reasonable Force
- The Science of Human Performance and Decision Making
- Improving Decision Making Under Stress
- CYA: Can You Articulate?
- Surviving the Aftermath of a Force Incident
Appropriate Audience: Sworn, Corrections, Trainers, Investigators, Supervisors
Class Length: 8 hours.