Designing Exceptional Training Programs
Solid Curriculum for Peak Performance
Designing court defensible, evidence-based training is the cornerstone of enhancing student performance and safety, while also protecting agencies from accusations of “failure to train”. Much of law enforcement training focuses on the quality of the instructor, but even the best instructors must have solid content to deliver to ensure peak performance by their staff.
Designing Exceptional Training Programs is designed to provide instructors, course developers, and supervisors with a simple toolbox to design training (in any topic) in accordance with a validated Instructional System Design (ISD) process.
- What Should We Teach? Determining Training Needs and Gaps
- Instructional System Design: The Road Map to Successful Training
- Why Do We Know What We Think We Know? Determining Valid Resources
- Lesson Plans: Yes; They’re Really Necessary!
- Designing Effective Handouts: Stop Making Copies of the Slides!
Appropriate Audience: Course Developers, Trainers, FTOs/CTOs, Training Supervisors, Human Resources, Administrators.
Class Length: 8 hours.